Service Project Registration
Projects: Summer of Service
SEI: Kindergarten Reading Kit
Assembling take home reading kits for Summit County elementary schools to distribute to kindergartners who have been identified as in need of a boost in literacy. All supplies are provided! No prep, we just need enthusiastic volunteers! Kits will be available for pick up outside the lower level entrance of First Congregational Church of Hudson on two separate dates:
- SOLD OUT (Waitlist Available) Pick up Kits on Monday, August 24 from 10:00am -12:00pm, drop off completed kits Monday August 31.
- SOLD OUT (Waitlist Available) Pick up Kits on Monday, August 31 from 10:00am -12:00pm, drop off completed kits Tuesday September 8.
Please choose the week that works best for you, or register both weeks for two sets of take home kits.
Click Here to Register for the SEI: Kindergarten Reading Kit Project
SOLD OUT: Waitlist Available
Monday, August 17th from 10:00 a.m. through12:00 p.m., supply kits for Findley students to use at home, will be available for pick up outside the lower level entrance of First Congregational Church of Hudson. Please return all kits by Monday August 24th.
All supplies are provided!Click Here to Register for the Learning at Home Student Kit Project
Family Promise – Glendora House Painting Projects
Painting a five bedroom apartment at Glendora House in Akron. The Glendora House is a run by Family Promise, which provides emergency housing and services to families seeking housing. Dates Available:
- Tuesday, August 25, 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 26, 8:30 a.m.
Beginning August 1
Family Promise: Glendora House – The Tale of the Traveling Loom
The Glendora House is run by Family Promise, which provides emergency housing and services to families seeking housing. To support the Family Promise mission, we are providing Welcome Baskets to incoming families. One of the items in the basket is a homemade Loom Pot Holder. Our goal is to have 20 made by the end of August, and 160 by the end of 2020. The loom, an instructional video and supplies will travel from volunteer to volunteer. Please use the link below to register. If you have any questions, please contact Beth Sosinski at email@example.com.Click Here to Register for the Glendora House Loom Project
Projects: Sunday September 13, 2020
Akron Cooperative Farms Projects
- Building Painting – Complete the painting on the buildings at ACF and then seal for long paint life.
- Planter Box Construction – Build planter boxes and install them to nearby fencing.
- Hoop House #1 – Complete the first hoop house install by leveling the ground around the base and installing additional support to the plastic.
- Hoop House #2 – Assemble a second Hoop House on the Akron Cooperative Farms property.
Click Here to Register for Akron Cooperative Farms Projects
Arts Now Project: Painting Hopscotch
Paint pre-drawn preschool hopscotch on sidewalk. All materials and directions provided.
- Cascade Village – 212 East North St., Akron, Ohio 44304
- Patterson Park Community Center – 800 Patterson Ave., Akron, OH 44310
- North High School – 985 Gorge Boulevard, Akron, OH 44310
- Valley View AHMA – 100 W Cedar St, Akron, OH 44307
- Harris-Jackson CLC – 1085 Clifton Ave, Akron, OH 44310
Elizabeth Park Projects:
- Planting an Edible Landscape Garden – Planting fruit trees and bushes.
- Building and Installing Two Swinging Benches – Building frames to hang two swinging benches and adding a gravel pad under existing swings.
- Clearing Away Brush and Debris from Wooded Areas Along Park – Cutting back overgrown weeds, vines and shrubs.
- Staining Gaga Pit and Two Bench Frames – Staining the Gaga Pit and two tall frames that hold the swinging benches.
- Painting Mural – Volunteers will paint pre-drawn and color coded murals designed by local artists.
North High School Projects:
- Install Gravel Pad Under Bleachers – Install a gravel pad under the bleachers.
- Memorial Garden Clean Up – Clean up and landscape the Memorial Garden.
- Painting Girls Locker Room – Paint the walls, lockers and add inspirational messages.
- Painting Visiting Team Locker Room – Paint the walls and lockers.
- Painting Basketball Locker Rooms – Paint the locker room and add inspirational messages.
- Soccer Team Study Room – Create a study area next to the soccer locker room.
Rooted in Christ Community Church Projects:
- Dumpster Enclosure – Building an enclosure around the dumpster.
- Hanging Sign – Installing a sign using a lift.
- Tree Trimming – Trimming trees and hauling away brush on the property.
- Retaining Wall – Add to existing retaining wall to make it higher.